- The training of ASAT™ C.O.R.E. Counselors.
- The establishment of state and local ASAT chapters.
- The upgrading of professional skills.
- The furtherance of public understanding and acceptance of the ASAT™ C.O.R.E Counseling profession.
- The establishment and maintenance of ASAT™ C.O.R.E. Counseling guidelines and practices, including the ethical and professional standards required for that practice.
- To design and conduct certification and degree programs in ASAT™ C.O.R.E. Counseling.
- To design and conduct workshops in ASAT™ C.O.R.E. for the general public.
- To establish, regulate and support state and local ASAT chapters.
- To increase members’ knowledge and improve their skills in their work as ASAT™ C.O.R.E. counselors to enhance the quality of service they provide.
- To promote public awareness and acceptance of ASAT™ C.O.R.E. Counseling.
- To improve members’ skills in the marketing of their services and management of their practice.
- To establish standards by which members guide their practice.
- To monitor legislation, local and national, impacting the field of alternative therapy and to challenge legislation adversely affecting an individual’s right to choose or practice non-mainstream counseling.